Take 3 minutes to try this easy experiment now:
- Turn and look over your right shoulder. Notice how far you can
comfortably turn. Notice what stops you from turning further.
- Turn and look over your left shoulder. Notice how far you can turn on
this side, and what stops you. Is this side easier or harder than the other
- Pick the side you'd like to improve.
- Put both hands on your chin, with your elbows hanging down and touching
each other. Turn your whole self in the direction you want to improve.
- Notice which buttock you put more weight on.
- Do you push with one foot to help the turn?
- Does one knee move a little forward, and one a little back?
Return to face front, and repeat this movement a few times.
- Now relax your arms, and turn to this side again. Has it become a little
What's different? Instead of using just the 7 vertebrae in your neck to
turn, you're using more of yourself.
ideas? Check out our other 3 minute comfort